Almost everyone has a mobile phone, there are three times as many mobile users than television owners or internet users. Life is mobile, people are on the go, and nearly everyone has a mobile device of some kind to help them get through the day. As a result, the mobile device has become the cornerstone of our society in how we communicate, and indispensable to the practice of marketing. The world has changed and so must the practice of marketing. The cell phone has gone from the third screen to the first screen in reaching consumers. Riding on a subway, walking down the street, eating lunch, shopping, attending a sporting event, communicating with your friends, and how about having dinner with your family, the Smartphone is everywhere. Mobile texting is a powerful source, which makes reaching consumers on Mobile a valuable advertising vehicle. Mobile is great for increasing response rates, and over 90% of consumers have their phone on them 24 hours a day.
Are you engaging your most important customers through Mobile? We can help you reach new prospects and target the right consumers that match your marketing initiatives through our Mobile database.
- 95% of all text messages are open and read within the first (15) minutes – Nielsen
- 88% of business people use their mobile device to check email – Hub Spot
- 52% of smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store shopping – Nielsen
- Cell-phone texting has become the preferred channel of basic communication between teens and their friends, with cell calling a close second – Pew Research
- Some 86% of American adults own cell phones and three-quarters of them (73%) send and receive text messages – Pew Research
- Only 2 billion people are connected to the Internet, in 2012 more than 6 billion mobile handsets are in use, and growing – Wireless Intelligence